1 April, 2022
Social Recognition for Improved Employee Bonding
As the war for top talent ensues amid the Great Resignation, organizations across the globe are devising retention strategies to sustain organic growth and boost employee engagement. Ranging from offering tailored perks to designing flexible workplaces, companies are making efforts to optimize the workplace with a sense of hope and revival.
A crucial digital tool that has gleaned significant traction in wake of current scenarios is Social Recognition. It can be defined as a robust R&R methodology wherein a dedicated platform or tool is used by employees to share their experiences and recognize their peers for noteworthy contributions on a public forum, irrespective of hierarchy. Studies conducted to understand the benefits of publicized recognition show that apart from a feeling of warmth and happiness, it can also improve employee performance. A Gallup survey found that employees who receive regular recognition not only displayed increased productivity, but also enjoyed better engagement with colleagues, had better safety records on the job and were more likely to stay with their organization.
Read on to know how social recognition positively impacts a business.
Increases Employee Engagement
Social recognition provides extended visibility into remarkable achievements and contributions made by employees, from senior management to the grassroots level. Moments of appreciation do not fall through the cracks as recognition is socially shared and mutually celebrated. Thus, by simulating a social landscape in the workplace, employees not only feel less alienated, they also eventually engage with their own jobs as well as their peers’. Studies confirm that having a social recognition framework in place where all the stakeholders can instantly comprehend, endorse and comment upon others’ achievements can rapidly improve employee engagement and subsequently, job satisfaction.
Strengthens Workplace Relationships
Social recognition improves work relationships among peers, managers and their subordinates. By giving and receiving thanks from coworkers on a communal forum, employees are more prone to collaborate with each other. When a public display of appreciation is willfully adopted org-wide, employees are more likely to engage with and hype up their peers as a cascading effect.
Nurtures a Collaborative Company Culture
Human beings are inherently social by nature, thus, the emotion attached with an accomplishment often depends on the approval and praise of people around you. In fact, employee recognition practices capitalize on this dependency of extrinsic applaud. As such, the benefits of social recognition can be phenomenally transformative for a business, as a communal display of one’s achievements generates value-driven inspiration and motivation, which further creates a ripple effect of appreciation across the organization. This circle of events marks the development of a company culture hoisted on the gatepost of timely appreciation, 360-degree recognition, and strong workplace bonding.
Tools for Implementing Social Recognition
As per research, the top reason employees do not recognize each other is simply because there is no established way to provide recognition in most firms. Organizations can overcome this obstacle by deploying employee recognition tools that can revamp their HR practices. In order to reap the benefits of social recognition, investing in an appropriate R&R software is invaluable. The R&R solutions provider that you partner with must exhibit the following capabilities that cater specifically to social recognition with maximized visibility:
- The ability to engage with recognitions through liking, commenting on, and sharing of appreciative notes
- Integration of the R&R portal with HRMS and other social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to enable re-sharing of recognitions on employees’ personal accounts
- Points-based rewards system with the option to proffer monetary or non-monetary recognition as per recognizer’s discretion
- Accessibility and convenience of using the platform through robust web and mobile capabilities to enable instantaneous, hassle-free recognition
- Gamified features such as leaderboards and badges for increasing visibility of top performers and recognition receivers, along with a touch of friendly peer competition
- Customizable user interface to intertwine social recognition with your unique company culture
- Real-time reporting and acute insights into recognition trends, R&R budget spend, team-wise or department-wise recognition counts, point redemption trends, top recognition receivers, etc. available at the click of a button
Gratifi’s digital R&R platform encompasses a myriad of features that can help streamline your social recognition efforts. Book your personalized demo today!